Work / study visa

If you are intending to work or study in Russia for longer than 90 days, you should apply for a work or study visa, correspondingly. In order to do so the following documents should be submitted to the Consular Section:

  1. A valid passport which should have at least 2 clear pages and be valid for at least 6 month prior to the expiry date of the required visa.
  2. A filled-in visa application form signed personally by the applicant.
  3. One professional photo 1 3/8' x 1 3/4' (35mm x 45mm) of the applicant with no headgear or sunglasses.
  4. An official invitation for work or study (originals only are accepted) issued by the Federal Migration Board of the Russian Federation. The invitation could be processed on behalf of the organization inviting you to visit Russia with work or study purposes by a Local Office of the Federal Migration Board. The original of the invitation should be sent to the applicant directly.
  5. According to the Russian legislation, a foreign citizen or a stateless person intending to stay in Russia longer than 90 days should submit an HIV-test certificate along with the visa application (as a rule, it should be made not later than 3 months ago).